Thanks for joining us to #OptOutside @ Big Marsh
November 29, 2016
Inspired by our friends at REI, we held our first #OptOutside @ Big Marsh event this Black Friday, November 25 – and it was a huge success! And since we couldn't have achieved it without you, we need to personally thank several groups.
THANK YOU TO OUR:
- Racers – It was cold and grey but that didn’t stop you from racing a bike around our glorious new park. We’re already planning opportunities for your return!
- First-Timers – Many of you chose #OptOutside @ Big Marsh as your first bike race ever – and we couldn’t be more thrilled and proud of you! You did it!
- Volunteers – The 40+ of you who volunteered your time – before, during and after the event – were critical to its success. Your efforts did not go unnoticed!
- Sponsors – We wouldn’t have been able to offer the fantastic goody bags, race prizes and raffle prizes without the support of you, our generous and steadfast sponsors: ABUS Mobile Security, CLIF Bar, Let's Roast Cycles, REI, Tenspeed Hero, Half Acre, The Bonebell, Castelli Cycling, Velosmith, World Bicycle Relief.
- Vendors – The event wizardry of TenSpeeds Production and 2WheelSports put the icing on our cake with your chip timing and registration technology. And we enjoyed the tasty treats you provided, Taco Mex and Other Brother Coffee!
- Spectators – Your enthusiasm was contagious and made it a day to remember.
And a big thank you to everyone who purchased raffle tickets! The raffle was a huge hit. As you know, this event was a fundraiser with all proceeds benefitting Friends of Big Marsh for continued buildout of park features and our raffle proceeds helped to bump the profits. Additional donation options are available if you’d like to lessen your tax burden – visit http://bigmarsh.org/#build or contact Jay Readey for larger gifts.
The eye-catching abstract design of our Big Marsh Cycling Kits is based on the topography of Big Marsh - earth, water, industry. Jerseys and bib shorts are available for both men and women in a variety of sizes, and make excellent gifts for cycling enthusiasts. They are available for sale through TOMORROW 11/30, with delivery in mid-January. PURCHASE HERE
There were several photographers on site at #OptOutside @ Big Marsh – please give them credit if sharing their photos, and purchase a digital copy if available to make this effort worthwhile for them!
- SnowyMountain Photography – Full Set
- Amy Dykema / The Bonebell – Tour & Beginner, Intermediate, Expert & Raffle, Kids
- The Chainlink – Tour & Kids, Intermediate
- Ronit Bezalel – Beginner
If you didn’t make it to #OptOutside @ Big Marsh this year, no worries – there will be additional event opportunities at Big Marsh in 2017! Keep an eye on our social media!